Friday, August 22, 2008

How Do You Clean/Wash the Baskets?

Well, I didn't have any personal experience until last week after I attended the local Farmer's Market.

I tend to be pretty careful with my baskets and other than a few crumbs to tip out, I have had no need to wash any of my (large) collection of baskets. You see, I have all colours and patterns in use, because I like to co-ordinate with what I'm wearing. And besides, I could never pick out just one pattern or colour to be my favourite.

So I purchased some beautiful fresh beets and placed them in my lovely Lime basket. Note here... I did not use a plastic bag. When I got home I discovered that the lovely fresh beets had left a lovely stain on my basket! Oh my!

I rinsed the basket with water and added a little liquid hand soap, that I rubbed in with one of the new Tupperware Microfiber Cloths. To my sheer delight the whole stain came out! I gave my basket a quick rinse and set it out in a shady spot to dry. In a couple of hours you wouldn't have known that it wasn't a new basket. Phew!

No comments: